Welcome to the Township Department of Revenue and Finance. This Department is responsible for the receipt, safeguarding, investment, and disbursement of municipal assets and resources, which include tax collection and other revenues, purchasing, accounts payable/cash disbursements, and payroll. Revenue and Finance Office oversees the operations of the following divisions; Tax Collections, Tax Assessments, Licensing, Purchasing, and Finance.
The division of Licensing is responsible for issuing, business licenses, animal licenses, ABC license and parking permits. Along with issuing the license this office handles the collection of fees for new and renewal annually. Dorrea Stewart-Johnson, License Clerk / Cashier 973-399-6620
The Assessment is responsible for the fair assessment of all real property within the township inorder that the tax burden may be equally distributed.
Other duties performed in this office include: deed changes, property inspections, added assessments, determination of eligibility for veteran, senior citizen, surviving spouse and disabled person tax deductions, 100% totally disabled veteran exemptions, exemptions for qualified charitable organizations, defense of tax appeals, annual assessment notifications, and sales ratio study for county equalization tax purposes. Silvia Forbes, CTA Tax Assessor 973-399-6683
The Office of the Tax Collector is responsible for billing and collecting real property taxes, annual sewer charges, and Special Improvement District taxes. Any questions regarding your assessment should be directed to the Tax Assessor. The Tax Collector is also responsible for conducting an annual Tax Sale for properties which have delinquent municipal charges on their account. Beverly Baytops, C.T.C. 973-399-6613 or 973-399-6614
For Your Information
- Property tax bills are due and payable quarterly- February 1st – May 1st – August 1st – November 1st. Additional taxpayer information can be found on the back your tax bill.
- The annual sewer charge is due and payable March 1st. The annual sewer charge is a flat rate and is not billed on water usage. Please contact New Jersey American Water at 800-652-6987 for water service.
- The Special Improvement District tax is due and payable February 1st and May 1st. This special tax is billed to business and industrial taxpayers.
- Payments can be made in person, via mail, or securely online.
- To request an official tax search, please remit a $10 payment to the tax office along with the correct property description. Tax searches are processed within fifteen business upon receipt of payment.
- Click the Lien Redemption Request Form to view and download.