– Copy Fees for Court Records & Dispositions
– Violations Bureau Schedule (effective 3/2016)
– Domestic Violence Assistance
– Video Conferencing: Jail/Correctional Facilities
– Your Day In Court: New Jersey Judiciary
– State of New Jersey Home Page
– New Jersey Judiciary Home Page
– New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
– New Jersey Motor Vehicle Laws (Title 39)
– Pay Your Tickets Online (Payable Tickets Only)
– New Jersey Point System & Drunk Driving Facts
– Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the irvington municipal court home page. The Irvington Municipal Court updated this website to assist the public in obtaining specific court information and to offer links to various resources.
Municipal Court of Irvington is located in the Public Safety Building 1 Civic Square Irvington, NJ 07111
- Violations Bureau (Traffic Department) (973) 399- 6228, 6671-6673, 6677, 6695, 6748
- Criminal Department (973)399-6674-6676
- Court fax number (973)399-6746
- Prosecutor (973)-399-6595
- Public Defender (973) 399-6590
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday thru Wednesday 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (traffic department only)
Complaints can be filed between the hours of 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Criminal Department window
- Court Sessions: Monday thru Friday at 9:00 am
- Monday thru Wednesday at 5:30 pm (traffic only)
- Essex County Correctional Facility video prisoners: Monday thru Friday at 11:00 am
The Municipal Court of Irvington provides language interpreters for persons needing assistance. If you need assistance, please inform the Court before the hearing.
Sign Language Interpreters
The Municipal Court of Irvington provides sign language interpreters for persons needing assistance. If you need assistance, please inform the Court before the hearing.
As one of seven Court Directors in the State, together with the Chief Judge oversee the long-term planning and daily supervision of the Irvington Municipal Court, one of the largest court systems in the State, with seventeen employees, a Chief Municipal Judge and two Municipal Judges.
Under the Chief Judge’s direction responsible for the preparation of the court’s budget of over three million dollars, revenue collections of over two million dollars and all financial reports pertaining
Responsible for maintaining all court records and documents, including personnel, payroll and Implemental and maintenance of the Administrative Office of the Courts Automated Criminal and traffic systems, and oversee the training of Court and police personnel.
Responsible for the coordination of judicial committees such as the Speedy Trial Committee, Security Committee and Irvington Improvement Committee.
- Provide equal access to a fair and effective system of justice for all without excess inconvenience, or delay.
- Offer methods of dispute resolution while preserving the right to a trial by an impartial judge.
- Provide quality service and ensure that all are treated with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Maintain the independence of the Judiciary while considering the needs of the public, and other entities.
WELCOME TO THE NEW JERSEY COURTS
We will be happy to help you if we can. However, we are allowed to help you only in certain ways, since we want to be fair to everyone in a case.
This is a list of some things the court staff can and cannot do for you. Please read it carefully before asking the court staff for assistance.
- WE CAN explain and answer questions about how the court works.
- WE CAN tell you what the requirements are to have your case considered by the court.
- WE CAN give you some information from your case file.
- WE CAN provide you with samples of court forms that are available.
- WE CAN provide you with guidance on how to fill out forms.
- WE CAN usually answer questions about court deadlines.
- WE CANNOT give you legal advice. Only your lawyer can give you legal advice.
- WE CANNOT tell you whether or not you should bring your case to court.
- WE CANNOT give you an opinion about what will happen if you bring your case to court.
- WE CANNOT recommend a lawyer, but we can provide you with the telephone number or a local lawyer referral service.
- WE CANNOT talk to the Judge for you about what will happen in your case,
- WE CANNOT let you talk to the Judge outside of Court.
- WE CANNOT change an Order issued by a Judge.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE GUIDELINES.
Please ensure the following when visiting the Municipal Court of Irvington:
- Please bring proper identification with you when appearing in court or utilizing the services of the Court facility.
- Please turn off all cell phones and recording devices prior to entering the court room and when utilizing the services of the court facility.
- Please review the court calendar on the wall adjacent to the security officer for your name prior to entering the court room. If your name is not on the calendar, you must stop at the Violations Bureau window (for traffic matters) or the Criminal Department window (for criminal or local ordinance matters) for assistance. Your case may need to be pulled or may have been adjourned prior. Failure to comply may result in you waiting for an extended period of time without cause.
- Please do not bring food and or drinks with you as they are not permissible in the Court room/court facility.
- Please advise the Clerk assigned to the Court bench or the court security officer of any issue(s) prior to the sitting Judge appearing on the bench.
Anthony R. Atwell , Chief Judge
Sharifa R. Salaam, Judge
Judge Anthony J. Frasca
Judge Chandra R. Cole
Terrie L. Yuelling , Director
DEPUTY COURT ADMINISTRATORS
Joyce Taylor, Deputy Court Administrator: 973-416-5762
Myra Walton, Deputy Court Administrator: 973-416-5679
Alextrae Mcclendon, Deputy Court Administrator: 973-399-6672
Sean Edmonds, Deputy Court Administrator: 973-399-6695
DEPARTMENTS AND APPLICABLE TELEPHONE NUMBERS
- Criminal Department (973) 399-6674 – 6676
- Court Fax number (973) 399-6746
- Prosecutor (973) 399-6595
- Public Defender (973) 399-6590
- Violations Bureau (Traffic Department)
(973) 416-6228, (973) 399-6671 – 6673, 6677, 6695, 6748
(973) 399-6673 [2pm – 9pm M-W, 9am – 4pm TH, F]