Our latest downloads & department files: Election Results, Council Minutes, Reports, Township Forms and Applications
Core Duties of the Office of the Municipal Clerk
Act as secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and all minutes,ordinances, resolutions, books, deeds, bids, bonds, contracts, election results and archival records of the municipal corporation. Act as secretary to the Governing Body and prepare meeting agendas at the discretion of the Governing Body. Serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of various licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits except where statute or municipal ordinance delegates that responsibility elsewhere. Some other duties include:
- Be present and keep the minutes of every meeting held by the Governing Body.
- Retain all original ordinances, resolutions and minutes of meetings held by the Governing Body.
- Serve as Chief Administrative Officer in all elections held in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as Chief Register of Voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as coordinator and records manager responsible for supplementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serves as Secretary to the Governing Body Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission.
Harold E. Wiener was born, raised and educated in the Township of Irvington, having graduated Union Avenue Elementary School and Irvington High School. Mr. Wiener has a Master of Arts degree in teaching the social sciences from Montclair State University. Mr. Wiener began his employ with the Township of Irvington on June 16, 1980 and is currently the second longest serving municipal employee. Mr. Wiener received his state-licensed Registered Municipal Clerk Certificate (RMC) in 1986, became a Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) is 1991 and achieved the distinguished honor of Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) in 2005. Mr. Wiener is a long-time member of the Municipal Clerks’ Association of Essex County, serving on numerous committees over the years and served as President of that organization for three years. Mr. Wiener is also a long-time member of the Municipal Clerks’ Association of New Jersey, serving on and chairing numerous committees. Mr. Wiener was named Municipal Clerk of the Year by the Municipal Clerks’ Association of New Jersey in 2010 in recognition of his dedication and professionalism to the Office of the Municipal Clerk. Mr. Wiener is currently in his 40th year serving the Township of Irvington and has served as the Municipal Clerk for over 33 years. Known for his impartiality and fairness, Mr. Wiener has served under 7 Mayors and 35 individual Council Members during his tenure with the Township of Irvington and has become a mentor statewide to other persons entering the profession.
– Truth-In-Renting Guide – State of NJ
– Rent Control Ordinance
– Am I Registered To Vote? – Voter Registration Look-Up
– Where Do I Vote? – Polling Place Search
– Essex County Clerk’s Office
– Essex County Board of Elections
– State of New Jersey, Division of Elections